Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

51 of 1001 Albums: Buck Owens' I've Got A Tiger By The Tail

   I think it's fun making an assumption about the music I'm going to listen to before I do, and then finding out it's completely nothing like I guessed.  When I saw the title of this album, and perhaps because I've listened to so much, I was expecting something that soul music, or jazz. It turns out that Buck Owens is country.
   The first thing I noticed is the sound of the music. When I was a little kid I only listened to country music. I listen to no country music now. The sound of 90s country music was slightly different than it is today though. For some reason this 1965 album of Owens sounds a lot like the 90s country I was into. Did country really go a couple of decades without changing that much?
  The second thing I noticed was the crazy outfits he wore along with the people that appeared on stage with him. The 60s were all about color, and that included everyone, even the country artists.  I don't think it was the best look especially for a man singing country music. I don't see how that would appeal to other men who would be listening to his album.
  Owens doesn't sound bad, and the music is easy to listen to. I'm not a fan of country music anymore, and this didn't bring me back. It was very typical country music. The only guy in the country genre that has stood out to me so far was Ray Price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...