Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

56 of 1001 Albums: The Byrd's Mr. Tambourine Man

  I will say that I wasn't too familiar with The Byrds before listening to this album. They sound like a mix of The Rolling Stones, and The Beatles. From what I know they were quite big in the folk scene later in their career. There is definitely a cool vibe that you get from the band while listening to them.
   First I want to note how it seems the use "The" was becoming popular. We have The Byrds, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Crickets, The Louvin' Brothers, and probably others I've forgotten. With the exception of the one country band, it seemed to be a largely popular rock thing, and no one cared that it seemed for uncreative to use "The".  I also see a lot of the same hairstyles now happening on the cover art of the bands.
  Besides that you're probably wondering what I thought of the music? It wasn't bad at all, but not exactly memorable. There was definitely the 60s sound that we've come to know throughout, and it would be a good album to make a road trip to. There might be a few I go back to listen to again like "Mr. Tambourine Man.
   If you are into the 60s I think this is an enjoyable album. It has a sense of nostalgia to it that you associate with these bands. It wasn't very distinct to me, but I liked it more than The Beatles.  There was something that stood out more about the music to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...