Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

57 of 1001 Albums: The Sonics' Here Are The Sonics

  The Sonics are great! After so many bands that sounded like The Beatles I thought that was what I was in for again, but this music was amazingly different. It is definitely another band that is an ode to the 50s, but you can also hear what will soon be an inspiration for 70s punk. The music just has a really cool sound to it.
  I think everyone has heard "Do You Love Me".  It is probably the most popular, and enjoyable to listen to from the album. "Pyscho" sounds exactly like that song though, so that is quite disappointing. It isn't like a mild similarity either. It's a huge one. I hate to say, but it seemed like a waste of a song to make since it did.  There are also some enjoyable familiar tunes like, 'Money'. I think this is one of the most enjoyable albums from the 60s to listen to.
  I think this would be a great album to eventually get on record to listen to. It would sound great playing through the house on vinyl. I'm glad that the band turned out to be surprisingly good.
  It is a relief when I get a break from some music when it seems to be getting a repetitive. The Sonics sound great, and I think I will be definitely coming back to listen to them again. I actually don't know if I'll be able to stop listening to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...