Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

63 of 1001 Albums: John Mayall's Bluesbreakers' with Eric Clapton

  This is probably the most enjoyable 60s music I've been given to listen to in a few albums. Not that the past few were bad, but they were just becoming boring.  Also, Eric Clapton is one the guitar legends, so it was cool to finally listen in on him, and hear what made him the legend he is today.
  The album is a music of musical instrument solos, and singing songs.  It's definitely an ode to the bluesy guitar, and it's enjoyable to hear the guitar break down. I felt inspired to go get my guitar, and even get an electric to try to teach myself some of the solos I heard in this album. It was that good.
  My personal favorites were the songs that did have singing like 'What I'd Say', which sounded very familiar as the song progressed until I identified it as a classic I hear often as covers.
  In a way I am ready to be out of the 60s, but I actually still have a couple more months in this era, so I guess I better get settled in. John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers were a good listen though. I'm still trying to determine if I will listen to them again though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...