Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

64 of 1001 Albums: The Mamas and The Papa's Self Titled

  More hippy music is here! I had heard of The Mamas and The Papas before, but I didn't recognize any songs from them. I think 'California Dreamin' was a later song, which I did have printed on one of my shirts in high school though. This didn't sound like the usual hippy music, and since I'm in a chirpy mood I think I was able to enjoy it, which may seem surprising.
  This album doesn't even exist on Amazon, so it made it a difficult find. The sound is very consistent on the album, and I didn't find anything memorable about it. I was more enthused by the appearance of the band members. They all have this quirky, but model like appearance about them.
  To some extent I wonder how much marketing went behind these things. I'm sure record companies knew this music was in, and I don't think it was coincidence these people were attractive.
  Overall, if you love The Beatles and related music then you'll love this. I want something different at this point though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...