Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

65 of 1001 Albums: Nina Simone's Wild In The Wind


  All I can say is wow. Finally we are getting somewhere with the music again. At first I was a little hesitant about what I might end up listening to today. I hadn't ever heard Nina Simone's name before, and then I saw some jazz associations. Then I played the first song, and then the second, and discovered pure amazing music.
Simone's voice is so difficult to describe. It's very masculine, which makes it all the more interesting because her songs have a feminine quality to them.
  I think my favorite was 'What More Can I Say'.  I definitely will be going back over these songs again.
This is actually going to be a very short post. This week has tired me out, and I'm trying my best to stay on top of this. I did feel revitalized after this album though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...