Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

67 of 1001 Albums: Simon and Garfunkel's Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme


   I can't begin to describe to you how excited to discover today that I was listening to Simon and Garfunkel. My first listening of them was in (500) Days of Summer, and I ended up listening to Bookends over, and over again after I went through a rough breakup. Then I watched The Graduate, where I heard a few more songs by them. As you would know it the first song that came up when I began listening to this album was 'Scarborough Fair', which is one of the main songs used in The Graduate.
  Simon and Garfunkel are great for two things, winding down to rest, or feeling sad. There is a nostalgic feel to the music. I seriously could have dozed to this. It sounds great, but it is so peaceful. If you're sitting back taking in the music the next thing you know you are out of it. I know you could easily compare Simon and Garfunkel to other groups, but there is something about them that keeps them unique.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...