Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

76 of 1001 Albums: Captain Beefheard and His Magic Band's Safe As Milk

   No, no, no, and no. As soon as I saw the name of this band I already knew I wasn't going to enjoy this. You're probably thinking that is why I didn't like it because I already told myself I wouldn't. There is nothing enjoyable about listening to a guy who sounds like he needs to clear his throat at points during the album. The slower tunes were good though, but I felt the vocals were the weakest part. The music would sound really nice, and then someone would start singing. 
  I know I like bands with questionable good vocals, but there was something about this that just didn't jive with me. It's just making me more anxious to get to the 70s the more I get into this music, and it doesn't end or even feature any other style of music. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...