Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

79 of 1001 Albums: Francis Albert Sinatra and Antonio Carlos Jobim

   I never thought I would be so relieved to see Frank Sinatra again, but also accompanied by Anotonio Carlos Jobim. I have missed the 50s more than I thought I would. I think I have a huge dose of the 60s, and though there are some great bands the majority of it has sounded too much alike. Sinatra though sticks to what he knows best in this team up though, and it works for me because I missed it somewhat. 
  I don't think I'll be anything more than a casual listener of Sinatra, but there is something magical about his music. It makes you imagine so many stories when you listen to it, and that is something I miss when I listen to these songs. He also always sings about liking a woman, but somehow strugglingly to gain her attention, or be someone who can maintain someone's attention. I find the fact he sings about this very intriguing. Jobim also provides interesting vocals to this album, and mixes it up from some of the old Sinatra we are used to hearing. Also, I think his music would be wonderful music to relax to with someone. It's got a romantic feel to it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...