Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

81 of 1001 Albums: Loretta Lynn's Don't Come Home A-Drinkin'


  I was very much looking forward to listening to Loretta Lynn today. First because it is very different than what I have been listening to of recent, and because it's another female vocal! There hasn't been much country on this list though, and if you're someone who doesn't enjoy country then it's probably had one too many on the list for you. Personally, I find early country to be enjoyable to listen to including Loretta Lynn. 
  Overall, this was a nice break to listen to amongst the other 60s music I've had so far. I find Lynn to have some very empowering words for women, and I'm sure guys could enjoy this too.  There is something also oddly over dramatic about country in the 60s. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...