Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Book Review: Kristen Heitzmann's Indelible.

   Rescuing a toddler from the jaws of a mountain lion, Trevor MacDaniel, a high-country outfi tter, sets in motion events he can’t foresee. His act of bravery entwines his life with gifted sculptor Natalie Reeve—and attracts a grim admirer.
   Trevor’s need to guard and protect is born of tragedy, prompting his decision to become a search and rescue volunteer. Natalie’s gift of sculpting comes from an unusual disability that seeks release through her creative hands. In each other they see strength and courage as they face an incomprehensible foe.
   When a troubled soul views Trevor as archangel and adversary, Redford’s peaceful mountain community is threatened. Together with Police Chief Jonah Westfall, Trevor presses his limits to combat the menace who targets the most helpless and innocent.
  I had no idea this book was a part of a series, and one that you must read to understand the following the book. At first I thought I would be able to make sense of the story, but the more I read the more confusing things got. I tried to at least limit myself to focusing in on two characters so the others wouldn't get me off course too bad. 
  The story starts out catching you instantly. We have the set up for Trevor, and Natalie, which ends up being the ones I try to follow the best I can since the rest just gets confusing.  I can already tell without having to do much research beforehand that there is something about this story that seems like it has already started off before this book. The characters already have solid personalities, and the problem is I'm having to discern those personalities without all the backstory. 
  The book also switches very quickly from character to character. The fact that the ebook I was provided was put together terribly did not help matters at all. The writing was edited with patches disrupting the flow of the story.
  This just wasn't an enjoyable reading experience for me. I'm sure if I had had the first book in the series, and this had been better put together by an editor the story would have been improved 100%. It has a good premise, but I could barely make sense of it. You can check out the book at Amazon

This book was provided by Waterbrook Multnomah in exchange for a review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...