Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

98 of 1001 Albums: The Velvet Underground's The Velvet Underground and Nico


   I am finally at the 100th album! I still have like 900 to go, but still that feels awesome.  Today I listened to The Velvet Undergroud featuring a couple of performances by Nico. If you didn't already notice by now, but Andy Warhol designed their cover art, and was a part of producing their album. I guess that makes them already cool? This album seems like a huge inspiration to punk bands that would follow after it even though there is still some heavy dose of 60s rock in it. Nico as always keeps things interesting with her voice, and   The Velvet Underground surprisingly were good. I was looking forward to each song.
   There are some heavy, and odd sexual undertones to this album though. I have this odd feeling that banana stands for a lot more than just the fruit on the cover. You can be the judge of that though. It doesn't anyone much to figure out what these songs are referring to. One problem I did have with this album is that the songs are really long, and I like songs that are a bit shorter. Considering the messages to the songs, that keeps me at bay from really enjoying it. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...