Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

105 of 1001 Albums: Astrud Gilberto's Beach Samba


  I remember Astrud Gilberto from her appearance on Stan Getz album that featured the song "The Girl from Impanema". I enjoyed the song, and it was probably one of the few from the album I enjoyed, so I was looking forward to seeing how her album featuring only her own music would sound.  It didn't impress me hugely, but it was interesting to listen to, and had some cool themed songs such as a circus sounding one, and a lullaby. 
  Mostly, you will get much music themed in her Brazilian roots. It's a nice different sound than hearing the regular 60s rock all the time, so I welcomed the change. It also does remind me of when I first started this challenge, and it seemed the majority of this music was sounding like this. It's a few years later, and people are still enjoying this music. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...