Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

106 of 1001 Albums: Big Brother and The Holding Company's Cheap Thrills


  Upon reading this band's name I didn't know I would be listening to the beginning of Janis Joplin's career.  This music is highly catchy, and the lead guitarist is insanely talented. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to him. I think in a way it is kind of sad that Janis Joplin overshadowed them. Every time I went to search for the name of this band, only Janis Joplin's name would come up. It categorized only under her name!
  Whenever I come across something about Joplin there is a sadness to it though. I don't know if you have read a biography, or watched a documentary about her, but she seemed like a sad person. I think she was someone always striving to get out this loneliness that she had let take hold, and consume her. She just didn't seem like a person very comfortable with life, which is probably what led to her very early death. This album proves she has a lot of talent though, and so did the guys in the band who don't get as much notoriety. This album features their very popular single "Piece of my Heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...