Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

110 of 1001 Albums: Jeff Beck's Truth


  I saw the cover, and I had hope my luck of not being too into the music would change, but then I began listening. Though it isn't bad, it wasn't something I enjoyed either. I'm feeling a lot of indifference to the music lately.  I also know Jeff Beck was in The Yardbirds, which were featured here earlier, and I can't recall enjoying them much either. There is a lot of great guitar playing on here, and Rod Stewart does the vocals, who I do know of. Besides that I wasn't too interested in listening. I don't think I'll ever be a Rod Stewart fan.
  There were some interesting instrumentals like "Greensleeves", which sounds very different than the other music that is more rock. This song sounds so medieval. Anyways, if you enjoy good guitar playing you will enjoy that aspect of the album, but the vocals don't add much along with the music as a whole. It just didn't catch me. Jeff Beck is a great guitarist though.



4 comments:

  1. You're not nearly open minded enough to do something like this. I've read like 10 of your posts, and there's a pretty overwhelming amount of "Well this was okay, I guess. Kind of boring."

    You don't even sound like you like music, much less know anything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I hate music. That is why I am doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I'm saying. It reflects in your writing, something like you're getting paid/forced to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, it does not look like she hates music. I'm not sold about that.

    http://aninnovativepursuit.blogspot.com/2012/04/1001-albums-have-i-liked-any-of-these.html

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...