Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

114 of 1001 Albums: Os Mutantes' Self Titled

History
Upon instantly beginning this album you can tell it had quite a few influences making it have a mixed bag of sounds. Brazilian band, Os Mutantes, combined elements of Brazilian, American, and British sounds to get one of the most unique sounds on the list so far. The album even makes an appearance at number nine as one of the most greatest Brazilian albums of all time.

My Thoughts
This is probably one of my favorite bands I've listened to so far. "Ah Miha Menina" may not look familiar by title, but it's one of the most familiar songs you will hear today when you give it a listen.  One of my other favorites was "Baby". I'll probably be listening to these for a while over, and over again since they were that good.  The combination of sounds is brilliant though. I don't think there is a bad song on the album, or a song you'll even want to skip while listening. It's also really good to move to. I'm just going to have to go the extra mile to figure out the lyrics with this one.

Rating: 5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...