Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

115 of 1001 Albums: Ravi Shankar's The Sounds of India


History
This album is known for two things. One being that it has historic value. The music isn't outdated at all since I still come across what would be the sounds of india. I think at the time this album was released it was a huger hit since so many American, and British bands were incorporating these instruments in their music. It is also known for introducing Westerners to Indian music because it provides short lessons before each song on what he is performing. 

My Thoughts
I can't really  say much about this album since it just isn't my style of music. I think what can be appreciated is the culture value of this album. Out of all the albums so far it's probably the one most significant for having learning value. I don't think anyone else has provided a lesson for me over the instruments, and each song.  Overall, I won't be giving this album another listen, but if you are interested in Indian culture then this is highly a must.

Rating 2 out of 5. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...