Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

89 of 1001 Albums: The Beau Brummels' Triangle


  The Beau Brummels have a mix of hit and misses on the album Triangle. The first thing I noticed was that the singer seemed to have a cleaner, crisper, version of Bob Dylan's voice. I do still prefer Dylan of course. The start to the album is amazing with the song "Are You Happy?'. I was truly surprised, and holding out hope that it would maintain it's power, but then the second song came on, and I knew this wasn't going to be consistently good. Then again, it is rare that any album is good all the way through. The albums that are, are the ones that deserve to be labeled classics though.
  Besides the first song being notable there was one more that I remember enjoying called "Nine Pound Hammer". It reminded me of guys working on the railroads, and had this classic feel to it. The other songs were okay, but I don't think I will be checking out the others again besides those two. I appreciate that these guys were different than their other 60s counterparts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...