Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

93 of 1001 Albums: The Jimi Hendrix Experience's Are You Experienced?


  I have to admit I'm not a huge Jimi Hendrix fan. His guitar playing is great, and I enjoyed listening to it. So I'm fan of his guitar skills, but not the music as a whole. Whenever I he started singing I felt it took away from his real gift. I also could not get the image of the Woodstock crowd listening to this out of my head. I pictured hippies the whole time. "May This Be Love" was probably one of the more interesting songs I heard on the album.
   I do play guitar, or at least I'm still learning my way around the guitar, and Hendrix is someone you have to give props to in the guitar world. It's what he was known for, and evolved with his music. I honestly hadn't heard anything done on the guitar in the previous albums that he does in this album. If nothing else you should give it a listen for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...