Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

95 of 1001 Albums: The Kinks' Something Else By The Kinks


  So this is the second album on the list from The Kinks, and it won't be the last. This wasn't as good as Face to Face in my opinion. I felt like this one was falling more into the popular sound of the time, so I wasn't hearing as much originality on it. The great thing about this album is that it sounds positive. So if you're feeling blue it could provide the uplifting tune you need.
  All throughout this album I was missing the sound of songs like "Dandy". These were very subdued in comparison to that tune, which is the most memorable for me making it my favorite. I was hoping for a tune that would catch me the same, but "Two Sisters", or "Waterloo Sunset" is close as I got. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...