Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

96 of 1001 Albums: The Monkees' Headquarters


  I thought The Monkees would be more fun to listen to, but this was nothing like I expected. I always remembered the theme song to their show, and was basing my expectations off that, or the song "I'm A Believer". The album is quite somber in comparison, and there is hardly any life to it. There were actually some moments I found it annoying to listen to like during "Zilch". 
  I'm pretty sure that The Monkees were the boy band of the 60s. I think it is admirable that it did sound real, an not generated. I do think the guys had real talent. I just wish something shined more about this album since nothing stood out to me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...