Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Book Review: Judith MacNutt's Angels Are For Real

  Leading Expert Demystifies Angels and How They Interact with People
  Angels have a vital role in the Kingdom of God--and in the lives of believers. Yet many Christians treat the existence of angels lightly or fail to consider them at all. In Angels Are Real Judith MacNutt pulls back the curtain on this intriguing topic, recounting inspiring, true-life stories and miraculous interactions, revealing what the Bible says about these heavenly beings, and offering insight into the spiritual realm.
  I would say that it is actually rare I hear about angels these days, and I haven't really ever studied their existence though I do believe they are real. MacNutt caused me to become much more interested in learning about angels especially since I don't think the church gives them enough attention nowadays. 
  I feel very ignorant for not knowing this, but there are different rankings of angels. I can feel everyone glaring at me oddly for not knowing this. The book does a great job at gathering information about angels to present to readers. Depending on your theological views you will either dislike or like the fact the author's Calvinist leanings seem to be present. Considering I am Reformed, I appreciated reading a book from someone of the same theological views. If she isn't Calvinist then she is oddly using the word "elect", and cites the Calvin's Institutes in her book. 
   The only thing I wished the book had more backing in was the accounts of angels they use. The Bible has great testimonies of angels, and we have very detailed stories from someone's named perspective, but the modern stories that were included usually didn't have people's names associated with them. Not even first names. For some reason anonymous takes away some from the story, though I can understand why someone would not want to include their whole name. 
  Overall, if you have a fascination with the supernatural realm you will enjoy this fascinating read. It is from a Christian perspective, and provides a nice balance of Biblical verses to explain it's findings about angels. You can check out the book at Amazon


This book was provided by Chosen books in exchange for a review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...