Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

120 of 1001 Albums: The Beatles' Self Titled (White Album)


History
This is the ninth album from The Beatles, and perhaps the fifth on this list? The self titled release became known as "The White Album" because the obvious lack of graphics, which I found interesting. A lot of chaos surrounded the making of this album though, during the actual recording Ringo Starr left, leaving Paul McCartney to do drums for a few songs, and their manager passed on not too long before they began the process of this album. This album wasn't met with all positive reviews though because it's interesting taste of sound. 

My Thoughts
I think The Beatles in their later years were better than their earlier ones, though I didn't enjoy this one as much as I did Sergeant Pepper and the Lonely Hearts Club.   I could tell the band wasn't their usual self during this album though. There was something darker about it, and more skeptical. There were a couple of notable ones I had heard before like "Dear Prudence", and "Happiness is a Warm Gun".  There are a few songs on here I'll probably find myself listening to again at some point.

Rating 4 of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...