Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

123 of 1001 Albums: The Incredible String Band's Self Titled


History
So this album was released in 1966, and ended up in the 1968 pile. This is quite interestingly labeled as psychedelic folk, so I had no idea what I was about to be hearing from this band.  The name, The Incredible String Band, also through me off because I was expecting pure bluegrass. All three members contributed to playing guitar on this album, while they also variously played other instruments to fill. Probably, one of the highest compliments given to the band was from Bob Dylan who said that "October Song" was one of his favorites of 1968. 

My Thoughts
I highly enjoyed the instrumentals on the album, and actually  There are a few questionable songs on here though, so I'm not 100% sure if I even want to go into the whole thought process of this album. For the most part if you're curious give it a listen, and see what happens. As for the long run I'm not sure how often I'll go back to check out a few songs on this album. 

Rating 3 of 5.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...