Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

127 of 1001 Albums: The Rolling Stones' Beggars Banquet.


History
This is The Rolling Stones ninth album. It seems like so many albums since they first started, and how they have evolved!  Beggars Banquet is said to be a return to the R&B roots they first had. This album was also a huge success. It reached #3 in the U.K., and #5 in the U.S. The album is known for kicking off a string of releases giving the band critical success. 

My Thoughts
I actually enjoyed this much more musically than the other Rolling Stones albums I had heard. It's just more unique in sound, and all the songs sound different from the others. I'm not sure what to say about the songs lyrically, since I didn't much care for that, but the riffs are easy to get into if you want to dance to something. 

Rating 3 of 5. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...