Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

128 of 1001 Albums: The Small Faces' Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake





History
Here we have another concept album. I'm very glad to be introduced to concept albums because I didn't know they existed before this year, and they are very interesting to learn about even if you don't like the music. This album remained on the UK charts for six weeks. If you're curious about the album cover it is a parody Ogden's Nut Brown Flake, which was a brand of tobacco made in Liverpool. The album is ultimately about a boy called Stan, who goes searching for the missing half of the moon.

My Thoughts 
This isn't one of my favorites that I've listened to of recent. I like the idea that it had a story behind the songs, but musically I couldn't find the appeal. I like the British vibe they had, and at moments I found myself enjoying the guitar. I think what happened with this one is that it veered heavily back into the 60s psychedelic rock that I never quite came to fully enjoy.

Rating 2 of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...