Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

133 of 1001 Albums: Traffic's Self Titled


History 
This was the second album released by English rock band, Traffic. It was able to reach number 17 on the Billboards. The band was on awkward ground with Dave Mason who returned to help out with the album after their debut one. His poppy vibe didn't mix well with some of the members jazz leanings. The biggest hit he contributed to on this album was "Feelin Alright". 

My Thoughts
I find it odd that all the songs notable for Dave Mason being apart of are better than the ones he didn't contribute to. "Feelin Alright" is one of the best from the album along with "Pearly Queen". For the most part I thought the album advanced as it continued to play, but I'm still debating whether I'll take up listening to this on a regular basis. It has some unique sounds, but I would have never thought they were English for some reason. There are some good strong songs on this album though.

Rating 3 of 5. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...