Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

134 of 1001 Albums: Blood, Sweat and Tears' Self Titled


History
This second album from Blood, Sweat, and Tears was a big success. It stayed on the charts for seven weeks, and had five singles top the charts. It was actually certified quadruple platinum by the RIAA. After a few band members including the singer left the band after the first album they had to find replacements. When they found all the replacements needed it brought the band members up to a total of nine. 

My Thoughts
I hate that I have to say this, but this is probably one of the most unenjoyable albums I've had to listen to in a while. I can definitely see the trend of music that is starting to happen, but for some reason I couldn't get into their music at all.  There was something missing from it that I couldn't quite point out.  The singer had a good voice, but it gave no more power to the backing music. I kept thinking I would finally hit that song I would remember but it never happened. Not completely awful since the singer had a good voice, but I rarely felt intrigued. 

Rating 2 of 5. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...