Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

137 of 1001 Albums: Creedence Clearwater Revival's Bayou Country


History
This is the first of three Creedence Clearwater Revival albums that were released all in the same year of 1969. They were working overtime! I didn't find a whole lot of information about this album, but Allmusic spoke highly of it giving it 4.5 out of 5 stars. They also stated that it established John Fogerty. 

My Thoughts
This album was more fun than I thought it would be. I've heard their music before in passing, but I could have never identified if someone asked me who they were. The cover of Little Richard's "Good Golly Miss Molly" was so good! Though I enjoy the original I thought it sounded great in the more bluesy sound that Creedence Clearwater Revival plays. There are also some more common tunes like "Proud Mary". The album has a consistent sound throughout, but the songs are different enough to recognize them what they are. 

Rating 4 of 5 stars. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...