Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

139 of 1001 Albums: Crosby, Stills, and Nash's Self Titled


History
This first album from Crosby, Stills, and Nash made two top 40 hits, "Marrakesh Express", and "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes".  The album reached #6 on the Billboard charts. Along with The Byrds, and The Band, these guys were moving music away from what had been traditionally popular music in the 90s. They were known for building a new foundation for music rooted in blues, folk, and jazz. Crosby, Stills, and Nash were influential with their varying personalities that brought together music. 

My Thoughts
When I first started listening to this there were some elements that reminded me a lot of Simon and Garfunkel, but after a while the music began to shift into what the band was commonly known for, which was combining different genres of music. I personally enjoyed more of the folk driven songs. My two favorites were "Lady of the Island", and "Helplessly Hoping".  While I didn't enjoy every song, I found this to be a strong debut for band that was just getting started. 

Rating 4 of 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...