Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

121 of 1001 Albums: The Byrds' The Notorious Byrd Brothers

History
It's difficult to believe that this album is only the fifth one by The Byrds. It feels like for the amount of time that has passed since I last listened to them on this list there would have been more. It's known for being significant for a number of reasons including the peak of use of the psychedelic sound, and incorporating the country rock sound that The Byrds would eventually move more into. Besides these changes, the band was also going through a lot of personal changes too with band members coming, and going over outrage at how the music was sounding on this recording.

My Thoughts
There is something about this album that does sound quite different than the previous The Byrds' albums. A few songs would make good hits for the road, or if you're wanting to relax. I also could easily tell the new country rock sound that the guys were wanting to move toward, and those songs were the most enjoyable for me to listen to. "Going Back" ended up being my favorite, which I wanted to listen to for a while. The biggest thing that I had to get around was how a lot of the songs sounded the same to me. They were good, but I found myself on song seven, and I didn't even know I had listened to that many songs.

Rating 3 of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...