Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Movie Review: Crazy Stupid Love

   I don't think a title has made me ponder what it means more than Crazy Stupid Love has. What does say about me? Hopefully nothing bad. I wondered if crazy and stupid were describing love, or describing how people act in relationships.
   Cal finds out his wife wants a divorce, and that she has cheated on him with her coworker, David. Cal moves out, and then begins visiting a nightclub where Jacob, a frequent visitor, notices Cal's poor attempts to pick up women. Jacob approaches him, and offers to help him learn how to impress women. Cal isn't the only one having problems though. Jacob meets a girl who isn't charmed by his player approach, and he ends up really falling for her, but at a loss as to how to convey to her that she isn't just another woman he wants to sleep with. Cal's son also is in love with his babysitter who turns down his advances, but that doesn't cause him to give up.
    I really enjoyed this movie. The interaction between Cal, and Jacob was fun. The comedy was well done between them. Emma Stone usually portrays her characters as likable, and strong willed, and Hannah is no exception. I also never thought a romantic comedy would pull probably one of the most shocking twist I've seen in a movie, but it did.
    I want to say this didn't remind me of a typical romantic comedy, and I'm not someone who usually flocks to the theater to see the cute chick movie that is being released. I'm just as likely to watch Transformers in theaters as I am a romantic comedy. Honestly, I am more likely to see a movie like Transformers. I will admit the main reason I went to see this movie was because Ryan Gosling was in it. I do have a crush on him. I wanted to see him portray this persona so much it was enough to get me to the theater. You can check out the movie at Amazon.

2 comments:

  1. Just some real disappointing stuff here because I thought it was going to be a lot funnier and a lot more insightful. Instead it just turned out to be another schmaltzy, feel-good rom-com with a really good cast. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I will agree that it isn't a laughter inducing movie. It definitely falls into the whole rom-com category.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...