Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Wednesday Movie Night: When Harry Met Sally (1987)

  Considering the last movie I posted, now this one, it's going to look like I'm a chick flick fanatic, but I promise I'm not.  I've been told these are classics, and I haven't seen them before. I actually cheated, and watched this a couple of weeks ago. I have to prepare for days when holidays like Columbus Day throw me off, and I can't get a Netflix movie in time!
    The movie is about Harry, and Sally, and how their friendship provides a few romantic obstacles.  Over the course of what I think is 20 years we watch as they lean on each other through broken relationships, and flirt with the idea of what it would be to react on their attraction to each other, but never cross that boundary. They seem to like each other at different points, but never at the same time.
    This movie is a great "feel good" movie. One Day reminded me a lot of the story line, except it lack the complexity that One Day had.  Harry, and Sally have a lot of chemistry even when they aren't seeing each other, and I like how the movie immediately jumps into their relationship. I had been planning on having this movie sent for a while, but the OWN network decided to go ahead and air it, which helped me bypass having it mailed.
   I can see why When Harry Met Sally is a classic. I actually look forward to, and plan to save it for nice date movie on New Year's in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...