Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

  It is true that I am a huge Harry Potter fan. My dog is even named after my favorite character, Luna.  In return my dog decided to live up to the personality so I often see her sitting in water bowls, and scaling fences as if she is a squirrel instead of a dog. Enough gushing about my dog though she is awesome, and I can ramble about her forever. Earlier this year I was apart of the huge weekend crowd for the opening of the last Harry Potter movie. My sister and I are like movie buddies so we loaded up in my car, and got ourselves to the nearest theater to see how epic this movie would turn out.
  If you haven't read the books, or seen the movie yet here is a quick overview. Harry needs to defeat Voldemort to bring order back to the wizard world, and stop the crumble of society in general. Harry and his friends gather against the followers of Voldemort called Death Eaters. Every person brings their strengths to the table to participate in the battle, and while fighting they discover the most important unifying theme of all.
 I don't think that summary sounds as near epic as the last story is.  I was highly concerned before seeing this movie even though Part 1 had calmed me some. Ever since Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince I knew that David Yates could film a disaster is he wanted to. Yates stuck as well as he could to the book in Part 2, which I was impressed with. It is a huge story, and I'm glad they gave two movies to it to justify it. Neville Longbottom was the hugest stand out to me in this movie though. I think I can almost remember every part he was in this movie. For such a small character he makes him appear so strongly developed in the movie.
  This will not happen if you watch the movie at home, but while sitting in the theater there was an extremely bright part of the movie. I'll just call it the "Heaven scene". The whole movie is very dark, so my pupils were blasted wide open, and then all of a sudden this huge amount of light was poured into my eyes, and it felt like fire. I had to close my eyes till the scene actually went off because I was struggling to keep back tears, and not go blind.
  If you're a Harry Potter fan, and you don't go over all the little part they might have left out you'll love it. I thoroughly enjoyed Snape's scenes as well, and was so relieved to find the flashbacks in the movie. The movie kept my attention the whole time, and I felt the movie was a good sign off to the series. You can check  out Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 at Amazon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...