| Image from sxc.hu by dcubillas |
It's true that I worry a lot, and people who know me well have witnessed me stress about everything from the minor to the major. I worry about whether I'll be able to move in the next couple of years, if I'll be able to score high enough on the GRE to get into grad school, if I'll get a job I applied for, or if I'll ever know what's it liked to be loved by a man. Worries can be healthy. They keep us humbled, and goal driven, but if you're like me they can also be crippling.
I have probably spent countless hours wondering if the person I met liked me, or whether I will pass this huge test for a class. In the end it's useless to ponder these things especially when they have already happened, there is nothing you can do to change whatever outcome may happen now. I try to keep focused that in God's timing I will know what job I will be sitting at, or what guy I'll be with to share my future endeavors with. In the end these things I can't control become very stressful because all I ever do is worry whether they will happen when in the end I can't know, and can't change the outcome.
I'll admit that my trust has been a bit damaged. Trust isn't something you should give to someone easily, but my skeptic approach to everything can be off putting also. I know there is no reason to not trust God though, and before I can trust anyone else I know I need to make sure it is him I'm trusting above all.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.