Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

152 of 1001 Albums: Miles Davis' In A Silent Way


History
This album was recorded in one day on February 18, 1969. The music featured was notable for beginning what would become Davis' electric period, shifting away slightly from the previous genre heard in his other albums. Critics didn't receive it so well though because of the experimental elements on the album. Since that time though many fans have regarded it as his best work. It peaked at number 134 on the Billboard LP charts upon it's release. 

My Thoughts
It's been since 1959 since I've seen Miles Davis! Now I'm in 1969, and another one of his releases' have made the list. Sadly, I've struggled to really embrace jazz. It's a completely different style with enjoyable elements, but I've never took up listening to it.  It's the same for this album. While it has interesting moments I couldn't find myself with the ability to keep interest too long. He is a staple jazz artist, so I really wish that would have clicked this time, but it didn't. 

Rating 2 of 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...