History
Five Leaves Left was the first of three albums by Nick Drake. Members of the bands, Pentangle, and Fairport Convention, accompanied Drake for this album. The title of the album, Five Leaves Left, is a reference to the Rizla cigarette papers packet that featured a note saying "Only five leaves left" when you neared the end of the packet. The album has received a lot of critical acclaim from NME, Rolling Stone, Alternative Press, and Entertainment Weekly.
My Thoughts
Nick Drake is a nice surprise with his folksy music. I found it to be very soothing background music to write to, or relax. I also enjoyed reading the backstory on the title of album regarding the cigarette package. My one tiff though is that though the music sounded good I didn't have one song that just stood out to me that I must listen to again. Also, I like short songs for some reason, and these songs were quite lengthy especially to have as many on the album as he did.Rating 3 of 5.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.