History
This second album from The Band, also known as The Brown Album is known as a concept album. It tells of people, places, and other assorted things that are related to Americana. You'll find that "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down", and "King Harvest (Has Surely Come)" all deal with historic themes. TIME, an Rolling Stone have both featured this album on their Greatest Albums lists. It peaked at #9 on the Billboard at the time of it's release. This album features some of the band's best known tunes that were critically acclaimed.
My Thoughts
I heard the first song and got concerned I wouldn't enjoy this album, but as soon as I kept listening I got to really enjoying the songs. The genre is unique, and the sound keeps you wondering what each song will sound like next. It also isn't too bad of music to move to in an awkward sort of glitchy way. There is definitely a southern vibe to this album though that doesn't necessarily sound like country, but does sound like a branch of that huge genre. The Band has made a really fun album with this one though! Probably one of my favorite tunes was "Up On Cripple Creek".
Rating 4 of 5.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.