Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

229 of 1001 Albums: Faces' A Nod Is As Good As A Wink...To A Blind Horse


History
The most successful album from the Faces peaked at number six in the U.S., and number three in the U.K. Their biggest hit from the album was "Stay With Me". The album went through a reissue not too long after it's release because a poster featured with the original featured the guys with naked groupies, and photos of pills. The album received mixed to positive reviews.

My Thoughts
The Faces seem like a blend of what was popular in the 60s, and some of the new styles coming in the 70s. There music is like a mix of folk, and blues rock. At times I even thought the vocals sounded familiar, and realized Rod Stewart became the vocals for the band. Also, I was wondering why so many bands were including "faces" in the name of their band until I realized some of the guys were apart of The Small Faces, which wasn't a band I found myself very fond of either. I was hoping the songs would sound like the one single I had heard from them, "Oh la la", but none of them did.

Rating 3 of 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...