Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Book Review: Arnie Cole and Michael Ross' Unstuck

Most Christians will find themselves stuck in their faith at some point in their lives. Whether a sin is obstructing it such as pornography, or you find yourself doubting, something causes you to become stuck, and unable to change. Either way, Arnie Cole, and Michael Ross, offer a way to become unstuck from your faith by giving you some simple ways to grow in your faith through prayer, and reading the Bible.

Many books seem to have the answers as to why not all of us feel connected to our faith sometimes. Unstuck is a pretty basic book for people who want to get back into it, but it's very single on what it offers. I appreciated the Bible verses at the end of each chapter, and a little understanding of it's application with each. All the quotes I didn't like so much though as it makes me think the authors' aren't using a lot of their own ideas.

At times my attention did drift from this book, but I also tried to stay as focused as I could as I thought this was something I needed to read. I often find myself stuck in certain aspects especially when it comes to growing in my faith. I felt like I was craving so much more as far as advice though. I do read my Bible, and pray daily but I still feel like there is so much more I could strive to feel as far as being closer. If I wanted to follow some weekly advice, and get started from scratch this would be a good place.

Though I do like quotes I also feel like they weaken a book's potential. They are more so meant for papers than books where you would hope the author knows enough about his own work to share his own ideas. They also break up the flow for me, and I find myself wanting more of a consistent tone throughout than the switches between quotes.

Unstuck is for someone who is probably on the verge of not even following the faith anymore. Meaning they do nothing to build it already. This book does strike a common thing for all people that are Christians though. We all have things that arrive to block us, or keep us from growing any. In that way anyone can relate to this book whether they already do some of the following or not. I also like how it encourages not making these things routine because on the opposing end of not doing them we also could get caught up on making them practice and forgetting the feelings with them. This book can be found at Amazon.

Rating 4 of 5.

This book was provided by Bethany House Publishers in exchange for a review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...