Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

282 of 1001 Albums: Michael Viner's Incredible Bongo Band


History
Michael Viner started this project in 1972 in the hopes of providing a soundtrack to the B-movie, The Thing With Two Heads. Many of the songs you will hear are cover of very popular songs from the time like The Rolling Stones' 'I Can't Get No Satisfaction'. The bongo, guitar, and various other instruments provide it with a staple sound. 

My Thoughts
The Incredible Bongo Band was definitely a new adventure for me. I can't recall much music featuring bongo on the list especially with touches of 70s throughout. While I also didn't feel it was something I might particularly enjoy again it was interesting to hear how they covered classics from that same era. If nothing else you'll hear an array of interesting talents on the album.

Rating 2 of 5.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...