Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Saturday Movies: Tonight You're Mine (2011)

I think this movie has an intriguing plot and it captures that excitement of what you imagine a music festival being like until you actually experience a music festival. I've never been to one, but I've gotten old enough to hear other stories of concert festivals and it's just an experience I'm glad I passed up. I can't imagine how it would have been to have been handcuffed the entire time during one, but these two leads know how to glamorize it.

Summary: Morello and Adam are two feuding rock stars set to perform at T in the Park. When the two end up handcuffed together though, and without the keys to help them break apart though they drag each other for a day throughout the part. What begins as a time trying to get away from each other though turns into one where the two are becoming closer though. Even while the two have performances to make they seem to be getting use to each other. The movie almost works as a little documentary as well highlighting some of the performances quickly and just showing in general what people go there and do at the concert.


Acting: The acting actually isn't bad, but for some reason the characters just aren't that likable. Natalie Tena will probably be recognizable from the Harry Potter movies. She is a good actress as Morello, but the bicking between her and Adam is just so annoying. Luke Treadway is Adam, and he comes off a little more likable, but not much. His hipster garb he is wearing doesn't really help either. Get a shirt that doesn't look like it is stretched to pieced to wear! While these two are a bit unlikable, there chemistry is undeniable though. If it wasn't for feeling the chemistry between them then this movie would have nothing but the very nice atmosphere it caught of the festival.

Filming: The movie does catch those moments that make all people want to go to a festival. You have the night lights that light up with the ferris wheel and the concerts going into late at night. Where it gets interesting is when the guys go around after a lot of the main performances have wound down and we see the two closer over night. Overall though, the movie is extremely shaky and a little jilted in putting the story together though.

Plot: I think what seems most unrealistic to me is that these people are staying up to all hours of the night and then get up the next day ready to perform and go for round two. If I had just had the night they had I would be bugged out on the floor somewhere. These guys are on stage, and running away from each other. They also have to be older than me! While this plot does romanticize it a bit of what it would be like to roam a concert, there were enough parts to know I wouldn't have the energy or ability to smell certain odors that would keep me away.

Tonight You're Mine is short, and might make a fun date movie if you need something and your guy isn't uptight. The hipster cool atmosphere only made me realize how ridiculous I looked in college for a bit. I think parts are fun though, and after the movie spends some time warming you up it helps with the story a bit, and becomes more watchable. There are some cheesy scenes with a folk song through in here and there that are a little too sappy even for me though. It'll appeal to all those kids though who want to go to a huge summer festival or have memories that are overshadowing any bad appeal of what they went to.

Rating 6 of 10.


Tonight You're Mine (2011) on IMDb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...