Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Book Review: Jenny B. Jones' There You'll Find Me

  I'm going to be honest, but the main draw of this book to me was the fact it was based in Ireland. I'm all about Ireland. I've never understood why this is, but I've always been fascinated with it. I had also read a book from Jenny B. Jones before, and since I enjoyed it I figured it would be a good idea to check out another novel of hers given the opportunity.
   Finley travels to Ireland to live with a family while she retraces her brother's steps in the country he wrote about loving in a journal. As she travels there she meets teen heartthrob, Beckett, who she misconstrues for an arrogant player until she discovers the side of him that the media doesn't know. Along the way Finley meets a variety of other characters such as Mrs. Sweeney, Erin, and more, who help her move past depression that losing her brother has cast her in.
   This book is better than most other teen Christian fiction I've read. the characters are more mature, and suitable for their age.  A variety of issues are covered including, eating disorders, bullying, grieving, and forgiveness.  The book balanced the message of Finley's faith in God really well also, and it was natural with the story. I really enjoy how each characters brings their own lesson to the table.
  I have no idea how the people of Ireland are, and I'm not aware of what phrases they use. I'm just going to assume the author researched it a bit, and that's why "dad" is referred to as "da", and "my" is always "me".  I'm not sure if any Irish person would read this, and be threw by it or not.  It got me curious as to if they actually use those two types of words when talking.
   This book is enjoyable whether you are a teen or not. It gets you to thinking a little, which is always welcomed from a book.  You can find out more about Jenny B. Jones at her site, and find the book at Amazon.

This complimentary copy was provided by Booksneeze in exchange for a review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...