Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

28 of 1001 Albums: Muddy Waters' Muddy Waters at Newport

  If you were a jazz musician of any sort it seems the place to be was Newport. I actually got curious about Newport, and looked it up since two artists on the list had performed at this place.  You can read about the Jazz Festival that still takes place to this day there here.  Muddy Waters was more bluesy than past jazz artist though.
   I thought what was cool about this album is that you could hear some of the individual audience members reaction to the music. You could hear that people were enjoying his performance. Another thing I noticed about the music is how good it sounds live. It doesn't sound too much different than the quality of recorded music.
   Also, I enjoyed hearing the progression of the genre of jazz. We return to Newport several years later to find that the music is starting to morph slowly into other sounds than what was playing their the previous years. It makes you wonder how different the audience was attending, and what everyone was thinking of the new types of music beginning to show up.  I can only relate this to how people I know my age don't usually want to go to Warped Tour because the drastic difference in bands playing their now from when I was a teen.
   If you're into bluesy, or soul type of music then you'll enjoy this. It sounded good, but didn't catch me strongly as other stuff has that I've listened to so far.  If I had to guess Muddy Waters was one cool guy to be listening to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...