Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Movie Review: In Time

  In a near future where aging stops at 25, time is the new currency and the wealthy can live forever. When Will Salas inherits decades of life from a wealthy murdered man, he's pegged as the suspect by the corrupt Time Keepers, who enforce the law.
  Surprisingly, I really enjoyed this movie more than I expected to.  I thought at the most it would be intriguing, but I walked away pondering the movie a little bit even after it was over.  I don't think I've seen a movie where Justin Timberlake was the lead actor. I know he's been in quite a few movies, but I've never took interest in the movies he was appearing in. I probably would have not watched In Time had the person I was hanging out with not wanted to see it. 
  This movie appears to be a movie that wants to make the viewer think. I think it does achieve that or at least it does for me. I found the concept of people having to use their own lives as currency very terrifying.  There were a couple of powerful scenes that still have stuck with me. I'm also a fan of Cillian Murphy, and rarely see him in any movies. He's an actor that always is entertaining no matter what role he is in though.
 Considering the huge plot though I'm sure you'll find plenty of things to nitpick over though. Such as the huge uproar over the time that Will gets. It seems a little silly the police are making such a huge deal of the time he inherited, and you would think there were more they should be focused on. He received the money in a very legit way in my opinion, and it seemed they were blowing things out of proportion to have a story. I liked the chemistry between Amanda and Justin though. Their relationship was interesting, and you couldn't help but cheer them on.
  This is a movie I look forward to watching again with others who haven't seen it yet. I found the plot very intriguing, and the I thought everyone did a good job making it interesting. There are some memorable moments, sometimes some scenes feel they stretch on forever. I definitely would recommend the movie even if you think you wouldn't enjoy it though. I thought the director could at least be commended for trying to be unique. You can check it out at Amazon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...