Everyone, especially teenagers, struggles with being bored with God from time to time. Sometimes church services and Bible reading don’t seem that exciting, and it’s easy to get busy and not make time to pray . . . but when this happens, we are missing out!
Jenna Lucado Bishop shares her testimony and others' stories to see what a radical, living relationship with God looks like. But this book is not just based on feelings. The Bible gives steps that will help girls hunger and thirst for more of God.
This book will not only offer girls a fresh perspective, but it will also help them do a little soul-searching and discover where they are in their own lives. Plus, it will let them in on the world’s greatest secret—that the Creator of the Universe loves and cherishes them deeply and that a fulfilling relationship with Him is the most exciting they will ever have.
I was on the verge of ranking this book on five star level, but then the ending started getting a little repetitive for me. The reason I chose this book to review though is because I feel like my faith has been in much the same rut despite the fact this book is geared toward teens. I think the author has a good understanding of why our faith can become boring at times, but I think the solutions are much more geared toward teens instead of someone who has had a couple of times dealing with a distance toward their faith.
My sister is in high school, and I would definitely recommend this to her. I think the idea, and solutions perfectly fit how I could have dealt with the problem of being bored with my faith then. Bishop has a way of talking to teens as if she understands a bit of it herself, and she doesn't seem like an adult just telling teens what she thinks she knows. I found the reasons for feeling distance from my faith very relatable, because all of them are spot on. Sometimes though there just isn't a reason. Even if you've pinpointed everything it could be you still find you can't get back into it like you want. That can be very discouraging, but it doesn't seem to be acknowledged.
Personally, I think the author offers great advice, and solutions for getting back into your faith. She really couldn't have said anything more on it. As an adult my perception from what I was a teen is quite different though. My faith has went through a major change, and I feel like it's shifting once again, though thankfully not in the same depressing way it did before.
If you have a teen, or you're adult woman who is feeling she is feeling what this book describes as being bored with God, then you will find this book inspirational. The author knows what she is talking about, and I think any teen girl would enjoy reading it. I found this book at a time I could've used the encouragement. You can check out the book at Amazon.
I received this book from Booksneeze in exchange for a review.
I received this book from Booksneeze in exchange for a review.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.