Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

157 of 1001 Albums: Scott Walker's Scott 4


History
This was Scott Walker's fifth solo album, and it's his second album to appear on the list of 1001 Albums You Must Listen To, with the other being Scott 2. This album wasn't released under his name, Scott Walker, originally though. He went by the name Noel Scott Engel for this one. It was the first album he recorded of his that featured self-penned songs only. There were a few that had translations of Jacques Brel's songs, which later were featured to make an album where Scott Walker only covered Brel's songs. 

My Thoughts
Scott Walker has a very theatrical, different voice from what I've usually heard. It may not be for everyone, but considering the past few albums have been sort of bland I found his voice, and the music to be a relief even if it was something I wouldn't normally listen to. Even if you don't particularly care for his voice it's difficult to deny you can't help but notice it when you hear it. I also remember Jacques Brel's songs from previous listens, so I also liked hearing covers of the songs with a slight different take.

Rating 4 of 5. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...