History
This breakout fourth album by the band was bringing a new era of soul/funk music. It sold over 500,000 copies the year that it was released in 1969. The album produced several hit singles including "Everyday People", and "Stand!". Rolling Stone has it listed at number 118 on the Greatest Albums of all Time list. It is the most sampled recording in popular music history to this date.
My Thoughts
I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this band when I first started listening, but I ended up enjoying their music! "Everyday People" was the only song I recognized though, and I probably hear it every other day featured on something. I enjoy the soul/funk sound that the band has. I can see how this is going to influence so many bands that will soon be arriving in the 70s. I found it interesting though that the band's previous album were not hits. The previous album before this one was unsuccessful. This album was quite catchy though.
Rating 4 of 5.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.