Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

188 of 1001 Albums: Santana's Abraxas


History
After their popular performance at Woodstock in 1969 the band followed through with a second album with their Latin fused music. There were also elements of jazz, salsa, and rock. The signature time changes, and style became related to Santana providing them with their legacy. I was ranked at 205 on Rolling Stones' Greatest Album of All Time list.

My Thoughts 
Santana reminds me of some of the sounds of the early 60s for some reason. I think it's cool how they blended many of the genres they did, but for some reason I always thought Santana was one guy, though I do know the lead singer is named Carlos Santana.   Anyways, this album showcases their talent, and you can hear all the different music styles well. Do I think Santana is for me? Probably not, but I can admire their work.

Rating 2 of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...