Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Book Review: Teasi Cannon's My Big Bottom Blessing

Teasi Cannon has always had an issue with her image since she could remember, but with the arrival of the teen years there seemed to be an increase in her inability to accept who she was. Cannon continued to live not understanding how she could ever be lovable even after marrying, and finding herself with children to adore. There was only one that could bring her peace in who she was regardless of her weight and appearance, which was God. Cannon shares her journey into faith, and how they helped her love herself, and the life she had been given.

I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this book starting out, but I ended up really enjoying it. It isn't a typical book about a woman who hated her weight, and self image. Her issues ran much deeper than poor self esteem, which is what brought the aspect of the book that I found myself able to relate to. I can't say I've struggled much with hating my appearance, but I have had to learn to accept the personality I have been given. My Big Bottom Blessing is relative in that way.

I often say I'm not like other women in the fact that I feel good about myself, or don't constantly hurl hurtful words at my own self, but the fact is I do. It may not be about how I look, but it's about other things. This book made me much more aware of that.  Cannon lays her story out well in this book, and I felt with each chapter I was learning something new about myself. There are also helpful questions to get you to thinking over your own circumstances, and self esteem as you read.

Another thing I liked about this book was how honest it was.  There were moments I felt myself nodding my head in agreement, or shocked by what the author shared. The reader will find something to relate about what the author shares of her own life, or words to get through obstacles in your own.

My Big Bottom Blessing was much more than I expected. I was expecting something about weight loss, and motivating others into getting in the same shape. Instead this book was an insightful journey into a woman's life who had dealt with extreme negative thoughts about herself. I think we've all been there to some extent at least making it a motivational, and encouraging read. You can find the book at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and wherever else books are sold. My Big Fat Bottom is published by Worthy publishing. Look for any upcoming guest blog with Teasi Cannon.

Rating 4 of 5.

This book was provided by Handlebar Marketing in exchange for a review.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this book as well, because of her unique perspective on silencing those negative voices in our heads. Rather than just “thinking positive,” she focused on becoming deeply aware of God’s love for her. Knowing she was God’s beloved made it possible for her to love herself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I found it much more real, and honest especially on faith, and God's love, than a lot of other books I've read.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...